Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Woah this says it all.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Woah this says it all.

    This is unbelievable. First I want to know how far back in the past Mccain is talking about, because if I am not mistaken his campaign said the 2 had only met once, maybe twice before he picked her as his VP. Second he says he would ask advice from Palin for advice before Biden? A friend who has been in the Senate longer than him? Wow, that says a lot about his leadership and decision making abilities. I want to think it is a lie to make her sound more intelligent and knowing of what she is, in other words back up his choice or solidify it. But on the other hand I believe he would be stupid enough to actually ask important advice about very important issues from this woman. Either way its one of the most moronic things he has said.





    John McCain said Wednesday that he has turned to Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for advice on foreign policy issues "many times in the past."?

    "She has the world view that I have and is very highly qualified and very knowledgeable,"? McCain said during an interview on NPR.

    "I've turned to her for advice many times in the past, I can't imagine turning to Senator [Barack] Obama or Senator [Joe] Biden because they've been wrong,"? the Arizona senator said of his running mate. "I certainly wouldn't turn to them, and I've already turned to Governor Palin particularly on energy issues and I've appreciated her background and knowledge on that and many other issues."?

    McCain said his running mate's energy experience "extends to a wide variety of issues"? including "her world view of the threats we face from radical Islamic extremism."?

    The GOP nominee defended Palin from the flak she has taken over her frequently cited claim that Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy credentials.

    "Well I think the fact is that they have had certain relationships, but that's not a major reason she has stated,"? McCain said. "I'm very proud of her and proud of the knowledge and background she has."?

    After defending his running mate's credentials, the Arizona senator chided the media and his Democratic opponents for questioning Palin's experience by comparing her situation to those faced by Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton during their runs to the White House.

    "Some people, when Ronald Reagan came out of California, thought he was totally unqualified,"? McCain said. "I remember an obscure governor of the state of Arkansas that people said was unqualified. So this kind of thing goes on, usually at Georgetown cocktail parties."?

    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14170.html

  2. #2
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Woah this says it all.

    what the hell does it say?
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Woah this says it all.

    Did you read any of it? Mccain takes advice on major issues from Palin? That he has/will take her advice on our future? Things like foreign policy, economy? Not just the fact that he would actually listen to her advice on those things, but he says he would turn to her before he turned to Biden? Thats about the most ridiculous thing I have heard from him.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Woah this says it all.

    With the double talk Biden has done lately and mudslinging I consider it tit for tat.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Woah this says it all.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the double talk Biden has done lately and mudslinging I consider it tit for tat. </div></div>
    as in tit do you mean palin ? naughty 2
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Woah this says it all.

    I mean I dont care about the friend part, I agree Biden has said some things about Mccain. But I dont think he meant it that way, meaning Biden is a traitor or something. Just from a leader standpoint, wouldnt you take the word/advice from someone who has been in the Senate longer than you from a former mayor of Wasilla, Alaska?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Woah this says it all.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I mean I dont care about the friend part, I agree Biden has said some things about Mccain. But I dont think he meant it that way, meaning Biden is a traitor or something. Just from a leader standpoint, wouldnt you take the word/advice from someone who has been in the Senate longer than you from a former mayor of Wasilla, Alaska? </div></div>
    Senators cast a vote that's it atleast a mayors actually run something. The Senates a joke and all of them could be replaced by 100 16 year old girls and they would get along better and probably get more done
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Woah this says it all.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I mean I dont care about the friend part, I agree Biden has said some things about Mccain. But I dont think he meant it that way, meaning Biden is a traitor or something. Just from a leader standpoint, wouldnt you take the word/advice from someone who has been in the Senate longer than you from a former mayor of Wasilla, Alaska? </div></div>

    It depends on the issue. If I want to know how to drown someone and get away with, Uncle Teddy's the first one Id turn to. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_GC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2002
    Posts
    1,738
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Woah this says it all.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I mean I dont care about the friend part, I agree Biden has said some things about Mccain. But I dont think he meant it that way, meaning Biden is a traitor or something. Just from a leader standpoint, wouldnt you take the word/advice from someone who has been in the Senate longer than you from a former mayor of Wasilla, Alaska? </div></div>

    Just becuase you've done something for a long time doesn't make you good at it. What issue has Biden lead on? What major policy or decision has he taken the lead? What has he shown, beside being a lifetime politician milking the taxpayers, that would lead you to believe he could run this country better than anyone else?
    "We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
    - Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959

    Welcome to the USSA!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Woah this says it all.

    Milking the taxpayers, the guy literally is an "average joe". He's one of the poorest senators, that proves he hasnt been in Washington for money. He is almost eligible for Obama's tax cuts.

    So you would ask Palin about foreign policy issues before Biden? Do you realize how ignorant that sounds? Have you listened to this womans answers to major issues concerning the US?


    Biden became ranking Democrat on the Foreign Relations Committee in 1997 and served as chairman of the committee from 2001 to 2003 and from January 2007 to the present. He has served as chairman or ranking member of the Judiciary Committee for sixteen years. He is recognized as one of the nation's leading authorities on foreign policy, as well as one of its most influential voices on terrorism, drug policy, crime, and issues important to women. He has been a tireless advocate for working families and has reached across the aisle to work with Republicans on tackling some of the greatest challenges facing Americans.

    * Like Barack Obama, Biden has been an outspoken critic of Bush's handling of the war in Iraq.
    * Biden's leadership was instrumental in helping to bring stability and peace to the Balkans. In 1999, Biden wrote a resolution endorsing the air war in Kosovo that was passed by the Senate.
    * Biden is a leader on the congressional effort to end genocide in Darfur.
    * In the late 1990s, Biden led the effort in the Senate to bring Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic into NATO and to pass the Chemical Weapons Treaty.
    * Biden has been instrumental in crafting almost every major piece of crime legislation over the past two decades. His Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 put more than 100,000 police officers on America's streets and has been credited with bringing down crime rates to the lowest in a generation.
    * In 1996, Biden authored legislation to create a national registry of sex offenders, which tracks people convicted of sex crimes involving violence or committed against minors.
    * Biden authored and passed the landmark Violence Against Women Act, the strongest legislation to date that criminalizes domestic violence and holds batterers accountable.
    * Biden was a strong supporter of the Family and Medical Leave Act, cracked down on deadbeat dads, and has been a consistent champion for equal pay.
    * Biden was one of the first to introduce legislation to address global warming and he co-sponsored the most aggressive piece of climate change legislation in the U.S. Senate.
    * Biden is a champion on the issue of making college more affordable by using the tax code to reduce costs.
    * Biden was successful in passing a provision that prevents budget cuts to military facilities while the nation is at war, one of his key priorities, ensuring that all veterans have top-notch medical treatment in a fully-funded VA health care system.

    Senator Biden has a proven record of bringing people together to get things done. From global warming to combating violence against women to confronting the challenges of the dangerous world in which we live, Joe Biden has fought every day over the course of his life in public service to improve the lives of middle class families.


    But lets take Palins word. God help us if Mccain were to win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •